Designed to last a lunchtime.

I'm SO DAMNED SLEEPY.

At 11am, I had to wind my way downtown to attend this lunch thing. The aforementioned lunch thing is a more-or-less monthly event put on by the US-Spain Chamber of Commerce, and unofficially hosted by the Spanish Consulate. Basically it's a meet-and-greet, swap cards sort of thing.

The problem is that it starts at 11am and the second you're through the door you already have tapas and sherry coming at you for 90 minutes straight, followed by 150 minutes of lunch (consisting of salad, soup, paella, cheese course, dessert and coffee. Each of which is accompanied by its own damned wine or spirituous liquor.

The stuff is actually not bad at all, and the Spaniards in the crowd were quite pleased with Spain's performance in the soccer World Cup, and thus were in a benevolent mood. The Americans were pleased with the fact the Miami Heat are the new NBA champions and thus the bonhomie flowed freely, as did the sherry (Which was a Lustau "Papirusa" and very yummy.) and other potables.

The point is that I'm groggy from all the food and drink. That's not much of a point, granted...but it is an explanation why I will be useless from here on out today.

-J.

P.S. I also have a benefit to attend tonight.

Comments

Badger said…
So, you were plied with food and drink all afternoon? And this was ... a problem, for you?

You poor thing. My heart BLEEDS.
blackbird said…
You'd better wring out your liver.
Joke said…
The problem was that I was so muhfuh-ing sleepy. Then I had this benefit thing to attend when I wanted was to crawl into bed and snooze merrily. (Hey, I'm not used to being sleepy!)

The clincher is that I have another benefit tonight, one which I thought was next week and it has utterly wrecked my groove for the weekend.

Bastids.

-J.

Popular Posts