She loots...she scores !

OK.

Until I can round up the rest of the pictures (from those attendees who brought cameras) here is the post-mortem of the gifts as received, catalogued and opened. Surprisingly, a mostly dud-free array, even if a lot of the things her friends gave her were not the sort of stuff I'd've suggested.

Dig the very hip Shag invitation. (Shag postcard, matted and with the informational text printed on the mat's backing. This particular mat is kinda/sorta/maybe like an envelope with a window for the picture. Came out nice even if the picture doesn't reflect that.)

Equally hip is the Shag menu. (Same deal as the invitation, only smaller.)

See how the balloons "go" with the colors? (Why, yes, I am a bit obsessive-retentive...why?)

The remaindered goody bags. Stay tuned. There may be a contest.

Following, what you came here for...a sampling of loot scored by TFBIM:Set of bud vases, from Bridesmaid #2.


Gift cards, one for TFBIM's fave dept. store, and the other for her fave spa, both of these were from our friends.


Little travel purse thingy and some knit silk thing. Former from our friends, latter from her friend.


Candle holder thing. Her friends. (My inner Cynical Bastid senses "regift.")

Assorted casual jewelry. (All from her friends.)

Crummy photo of a very nice crystal miniature orchids-in-vase. Our friends. (Starting to sense a pattern here?)

Garnet ring & perfume bottle, both from our friends. (Although the latter was from one of the phantom no-shows, so there may be a demotion from "our" to "her" friends.)

VERY crummy picture of my gift (happy, bb?) which you may not be able to see, but is a South Seas black pearl earring/choker set.

More to ensue!

-J.

P.S. ALL phantom no-shows have been summarily dropped down TWO categories in our Christmas card list. Those already on the C-List (currently the lowest circle of my Yuletide esteem) may either:
a) see a D-List created just for them, or
b) have the most gnarled-up, bent, scuffed or otherwise least desirable C-List cards
sent them. The @#$%ers.

Comments

Suse said…
I'm so pleased it went well.

Now, onto Christmas!
Jess said…
Good choice!

Black pearls are very sexy, Mistah J.
Joke said…
Oy, Christmas.

-Mistah Tired
blackbird said…
NOW I'm happy.

take a bow...and a nap.
KPB said…
Those pearls.

Oh MY.
KPB said…
So was it really a surprise party? Did you pull it off? The surprise I mean.

Snigger snigger snigger.

Trust me to cheapen an obviously classy affair.

And many thanks for the prayer. I felt the weight lift this morning on the bus and thought, "that must be J's doing".
Joke said…
Yep. For real. Once the photos have been gathered from all corners you will see the stunned look of surprise.

The funny thing is that she was wearing this top that for some reason, when she was photo-ed with a flash, showed her bra glowing underneath her top. Which is weird because it's a dark top that is otherwise utterly opaque. But with a flash picture, it looks like her bra is padded with U-235 and other assorted isotopes.

Strange, that.

-J.
Major Bedhead said…
Are you dropping the friend because of the Waterford vase? Goodness. What do you do to friends who have the temerity to give you Dansk?
Joke said…
No, no, no.

MIGHT drop the friend IN SPITE of the Waterford; because she had RSVPed and never showed and never told me so, even after I called her that morning.

-J.
Some party.

I'll look for the invite - o.k.?
Joke said…
Look at SoCheapItHurts.com for the invite and the mat was at one of those craft-type store.

-J.
Bec said…
When you find the Waterford friend? And she's unconscious and being cared for by a group of caring but silent Benedictine monks? And she's clutching your invitation but otherwise wearing nothing but the tyre marks of the truck that hit her outside her house?

THEN you'll be sorry.
Joke said…
...and only then. Which is pretty generous treatment of someone who R.s.v.p.'s, gets a follow-up call on the morning of the event during which no indication of absence is mentioned and then fails to materialize.

-J.
Major Bedhead said…
Aha. That's a who1e different kett1e of ba11games.

Has she given you a reason yet? I abso1utey HATE that. It's unbe1ievaby1y, inexcusab1y rude.
Joke said…
The reason, which she relayed with another attendee, was that she was sick. Why I was never told of this when I called that morning or why her husband couldn't come (they live ONE BLOCK AWAY from the party site) I have yet had explained to me.

But the gift was nice, and thus she was demoted from A-List to B-List, which I thought DAMNED generous on my part.

-J.

Popular Posts