Badger made me do it.
Up To Three
I like this meme also, which I shamelessly stole from Badger who totally swiped it from her pal Bookhart.
Sez Badge: "Full rules (be sure to read the comments for the addenda) can be found here, but the gist of it is that you can put UP TO THREE answers for every question. One or two or three is okay. More than three is NOT okay. This was really fucking hard for me in some categories (see below)."
NAME UP TO THREE:
Song(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being*
That song from Titanic
"Europa" by Gato Barbieri
"Every Breath You Take" by The Police (a group I loved until they utterly fell apart on their last album)
Musical Artist(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being*
Barbra Streisand
Peter Cetera/Chicago
Barry Manilow
Rolling Stones Song(s) I Love*
Heartbreaker
Paint It Black
Mother's Little Helper
Beatles Song(s) I Love** (Sad but true, I'm not really a Beatles sort)
Love Me Do
Matchbox
Listen
Who Song(s) I Love *
My Generation
Roadrunner
Baba O'Riley
Reggae Song(s) I Love
"Buffalo Soldier" (fast version) by Bob Marley
"Kill All The White People" (OK, I made that one up)
"Jamaican Bobsled" by Herman & McBean (really!)
Country Song(s) I Love
"Move It On Over" by Hank Williams, Sr.
"Crazy" by Patsy Cline
"Streets of Bakersfield" by Dwight Yoakam (w. Buck Owens)
Movie Soundtrack(s) I Love
Valley Girl
Dance Craze
The Blues Brothers
Musical Sountrack(s) I Love*
Forever Plaid
Guys & Dolls
Kiss Me, Kate
Cover Song(s) I Love*
Van Halen's version of "Pretty Woman"
Agent Orange's version of "Miserlou"
The Reverend Horton Heat's version of "Liquor, Beer & Wine"
Contemporary Top-40 Artist(s) I Secretly Love**
Sorry. I have NFI. I didn't do Top 40 when I was keeping up with music, hanged if I'm going to bother now.
Song(s) That Bring Me to Tears
"Baby Mine" from the Dumbo Soundtrack
Song(s) That Make Me Shake My Ass*
"Numa Numa" by O-Zone
"Just Can't Get Enough" by Depeche Mode
"Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order
Classical Composer(s) I Love
Mozart
Beethoven
Puccini
Rap/Hip-Hop Song(s) I Love*
"Funky Cold Medina" by Tone Loc
"Fight For Your Right To Party" by the Beastie Boys
70s Disco Song(s) I Love *
I got nothin'. Disco sucks. Disco is musical herpes.
70s Supergroup Song(s) I Love
"Renegade" by Styx
"Jukebox Hero" by Foreigner
"Rock 'n' Roll Band" by Boston
Metal Song(s) I Love**
"Enter Sandman" by Metallica
"Kickstart My Heart" by Motley Crue
"Living After Midnight" by Judas Priest
New Wave Song(s) I Love*
"Gates of Steel" by Devo
"X Offender" by Blondie
"Life During Wartime" by Talking Heads
Soul/R&B Song(s) I Love**
"Love Train" by The O'Jays
"Brick House" by The Commodores
"Tears of a Clown" by The Miracles
Power Ballad(s) I Love**
"2 Out Of 3" by Meat Loaf
"Beth" by Kiss (I agree with Badge)
"Dust In The Wind" by Kansas
Pre 1950s Song(s) I Love
They Can't They Take That Away From Me
Punk Song(s) I Love*
"Breakdown" by Agent Orange
"One Down, Three To Go" by The Meatmen
"99 Red Balloons" by 7 Seconds
Singer/Songwriter Song(s) I Love
This is a fake question, I can tell.
MTV Video(s) I Love*
"One Step Beyond" by Madness
"When Smokey Sings" by ABC
"Stray Cat Strut" by Stray Cats
Songs To Have Sex To
(Like I have time to fire up the sound system?)
I'm supposing these would be acceptable.
"Someone To Watch Over Me" by Linda Ronstadt
"What's New?" by Frank Sinatra
"Moonlight Serenade" by Glenn Miller
Guilty Pleasures
"Sister Golden Hair" by America (I used to play a fairly punky cover of this song)
"Queen of Hearts" by Juice Newton (ditto)
"Take It Easy" by The Eagles
-J.
* = I had a REALLY hard time limiting my answers to three.
** = I had a REALLY hard time coming up with even ONE.
I like this meme also, which I shamelessly stole from Badger who totally swiped it from her pal Bookhart.
Sez Badge: "Full rules (be sure to read the comments for the addenda) can be found here, but the gist of it is that you can put UP TO THREE answers for every question. One or two or three is okay. More than three is NOT okay. This was really fucking hard for me in some categories (see below)."
NAME UP TO THREE:
Song(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being*
That song from Titanic
"Europa" by Gato Barbieri
"Every Breath You Take" by The Police (a group I loved until they utterly fell apart on their last album)
Musical Artist(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being*
Barbra Streisand
Peter Cetera/Chicago
Barry Manilow
Rolling Stones Song(s) I Love*
Heartbreaker
Paint It Black
Mother's Little Helper
Beatles Song(s) I Love** (Sad but true, I'm not really a Beatles sort)
Love Me Do
Matchbox
Listen
Who Song(s) I Love *
My Generation
Roadrunner
Baba O'Riley
Reggae Song(s) I Love
"Buffalo Soldier" (fast version) by Bob Marley
"Kill All The White People" (OK, I made that one up)
"Jamaican Bobsled" by Herman & McBean (really!)
Country Song(s) I Love
"Move It On Over" by Hank Williams, Sr.
"Crazy" by Patsy Cline
"Streets of Bakersfield" by Dwight Yoakam (w. Buck Owens)
Movie Soundtrack(s) I Love
Valley Girl
Dance Craze
The Blues Brothers
Musical Sountrack(s) I Love*
Forever Plaid
Guys & Dolls
Kiss Me, Kate
Cover Song(s) I Love*
Van Halen's version of "Pretty Woman"
Agent Orange's version of "Miserlou"
The Reverend Horton Heat's version of "Liquor, Beer & Wine"
Contemporary Top-40 Artist(s) I Secretly Love**
Sorry. I have NFI. I didn't do Top 40 when I was keeping up with music, hanged if I'm going to bother now.
Song(s) That Bring Me to Tears
"Baby Mine" from the Dumbo Soundtrack
Song(s) That Make Me Shake My Ass*
"Numa Numa" by O-Zone
"Just Can't Get Enough" by Depeche Mode
"Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order
Classical Composer(s) I Love
Mozart
Beethoven
Puccini
Rap/Hip-Hop Song(s) I Love*
"Funky Cold Medina" by Tone Loc
"Fight For Your Right To Party" by the Beastie Boys
70s Disco Song(s) I Love *
I got nothin'. Disco sucks. Disco is musical herpes.
70s Supergroup Song(s) I Love
"Renegade" by Styx
"Jukebox Hero" by Foreigner
"Rock 'n' Roll Band" by Boston
Metal Song(s) I Love**
"Enter Sandman" by Metallica
"Kickstart My Heart" by Motley Crue
"Living After Midnight" by Judas Priest
New Wave Song(s) I Love*
"Gates of Steel" by Devo
"X Offender" by Blondie
"Life During Wartime" by Talking Heads
Soul/R&B Song(s) I Love**
"Love Train" by The O'Jays
"Brick House" by The Commodores
"Tears of a Clown" by The Miracles
Power Ballad(s) I Love**
"2 Out Of 3" by Meat Loaf
"Beth" by Kiss (I agree with Badge)
"Dust In The Wind" by Kansas
Pre 1950s Song(s) I Love
They Can't They Take That Away From Me
Punk Song(s) I Love*
"Breakdown" by Agent Orange
"One Down, Three To Go" by The Meatmen
"99 Red Balloons" by 7 Seconds
Singer/Songwriter Song(s) I Love
This is a fake question, I can tell.
MTV Video(s) I Love*
"One Step Beyond" by Madness
"When Smokey Sings" by ABC
"Stray Cat Strut" by Stray Cats
Songs To Have Sex To
(Like I have time to fire up the sound system?)
I'm supposing these would be acceptable.
"Someone To Watch Over Me" by Linda Ronstadt
"What's New?" by Frank Sinatra
"Moonlight Serenade" by Glenn Miller
Guilty Pleasures
"Sister Golden Hair" by America (I used to play a fairly punky cover of this song)
"Queen of Hearts" by Juice Newton (ditto)
"Take It Easy" by The Eagles
-J.
* = I had a REALLY hard time limiting my answers to three.
** = I had a REALLY hard time coming up with even ONE.

Comments
-Mr. Curious
Anthrax is metal.
Metallica (duh) is metal.
Motley Crue is not metal.
I can see where MAYBE, SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE might consider MC a hair band, but at most they straddle the fence.
But, I'm open to being convinced otherwise by sound and reasoned arguments and exposition of evidence.
-J.