See what I'm up against?
We've discussed the luggage issue a few times here. Besides the impossibly posh set I mentioned previously, the ideal solution would be to get the set that was available as an option when my least practical and oldest car was available as a new vehicle. It's ideal because this car has a smallish and irregular-ish shaped trunk* and this set was designed to take up every last micron of space, optimizing what is, frankly, an impractically small storage capacity.
The problem is that there are so very, very few of these and those who have them generally know what they have, which means the very few times they cross my radar they do so at prices that make my liver hæmorrhage freely. This is especially difficult for me as I am a pathological cheapskate.
To give you an idea what I mean, look. (Different car marque, but the idea is, sadly, too similar.)
Now, for fun, try to imagine TFBIM taking the news with equanimity.
-J.
* "Boot" to the rest of the Anglosphere
The problem is that there are so very, very few of these and those who have them generally know what they have, which means the very few times they cross my radar they do so at prices that make my liver hæmorrhage freely. This is especially difficult for me as I am a pathological cheapskate.
To give you an idea what I mean, look. (Different car marque, but the idea is, sadly, too similar.)
Now, for fun, try to imagine TFBIM taking the news with equanimity.
-J.
* "Boot" to the rest of the Anglosphere

Comments
I'll bet you wish you knew how to sew your own luggage for those prices.
-J.
Have a set made in China for 90% off.
I am not kidding.
2- I'd need to know where in China knockoff bespoke luggage is made.
But, in concept, I agree.
-J.
Sorry, I just had to say that.