Kiss summer goodbye in style
(or "hello" in the case of our Australian cousins)When I went to that thing at the Museum of Art, I had a drink that SCREAMED summertime called a "Buena Vista" and it's sort of a love child between a mojito and a straight-up daiquiri. Two of them will have you absentmindedly trying to give your room keys to the wall. This is what I was able to guesstimate from watching the bartender. Play around with it.
Juice of 1 lime
1 T. superfine ("caster") sugar
3 oz. white rum (wherein, ideally, were steeped lime peels and shmushed mint leaves*)
2 oz. club soda
1 scoop ice
Lime juice and sugar for rimmage (optional)
Lime slice, to garnish (ditto)
Throw the juice, sugar, minty rum, and ice in a shaker and shake it like a bastid. Rim martini glass with lime juice and sugar. Pour into cocktail glass, top with club soda and garnish with lime slice.
Cheers,
-J.
* You may also, for the sake of time, shmush up the lime peels and the mint leaves in the sugar, and strain them out right before the club soda stage.

Comments
2- Not yet.
All in the name of science.
-J.
P.S. I may try Bacardi Limon, next.
I s'pose so. You may make it ahead until just before it needs club soda and keep it ridiculously cold (but without ice) in the coldest part of the refrigerator. Strain out the bits of lime and mint and you're good-to-go.
-J.