Y'know what I REALLY hate? (Part 2 in a series)

OK.

So I'm surfing the web, as the kids today say. I mosey on over to eBay. I spot something ridiculously cool and -- gasp! -- cheap. It's being auctioned without reserve*

So I spot this item going for practically free with 36 hours to go. What should happen? Two IDIOTS start a bidding war to the point it's now going for pretty much twice my maximum threshhold of pain. I hope someone snipes it.

BASTIDS.

-J.

*Usually it's our British cousins who, on top of being a taciturn lot, also seem allergic to reserve auctions. (No puns about being reserved, please.)

Comments

BabelBabe said…
I HATE eBay. It stresses me out.
Joke said…
You just don't know what to look for!

http://tinyurl.com/p76an

-J.
Caro said…
I hate when people do that. It's like it kills them if someone else wins. Well, a fool and his money and all that.

I read down through all your posts. I love how you turned a phrase on it not being the last straw, but it was a straw in the back of a box of straws.

I hope I got that right!
Bec said…
I hate that too - you find something with every prospect of being a good bargain and stick it on your watch list, ready to swoop at the end, then a couple of morons with less than three purchases between them start following the EBay ehortations to "bid your maximum NOW!" and before you know it the item is about triple what these fools could pay retail...

bleah.

Also, the used sock search? Eeyew.

I know we have a smaller population but I think Australia should be given credit for there being only two listings for used socks on ebay.com.au and only ONE of them appears to be aimed at the fetish market (the seller has another listing for used ladies boxer shorts...)
Bec said…
um, that would be "exhortations" although the concept of
e-hortations probably works when you talk about eBay...
Joke said…
Bec,

I have a friend who "collects" bizarre eBay auctions and every once in a while, he sends me a link.

If regular eBay stresses BabBab out...imagine what these sorts of things will do. Poor girl must have run in a panic as if her hair had caught fire.

-J.

Popular Posts