Like Badger, but different

So.

This is what I've been up to for the last couple of days.

Yesterday I had wake up around 6:30ish to drop off NOS at school around 7:30ish to go pick up a client wa-a-a-a-a-a-ay across town (in the warehouse district, where his office is) to schlep WA-A-A-A-AY across the state to go look at an investment property in which he is considering dropping serious coin. After attending to all the business related thereto, I had to schlep back to arrive just in time to not miss rush hour, so I got home barely in time to get dinner going for the assembled. All with an espresso-deficit headache.

Oh, yeah, TFBIM had to take my ridiculous red car and when it was running on the last three drops of fuel, and she was running late and at the gas station, she couldn't work the bizarro Italian gas cap

Today, I had wake up around 6:30ish to drop off NOS at school around 7:30ish to go deal with a client wa-a-a-a-a-a-ay across town (in the airport district, where his office is) to go over some stuff he had to wrap up for a trade show. Some stuff that is due roughly around, um, today. So, upon returning to the office, I have had to go mental getting all these materials in order AND getting new software AND learning the new software (all in one day) so that I can get the stuff done on time. Which, in a rare break, meant 8pm EDT, because the place where it all needed to go is in California.

Oh, I had to do this with both kids driving me crazy at the office, because TFBIM had a full-on, "the works" salon appointment and, after her minivan broke down and she had to limp to the dealership and then the loaner broke down and had to get another one. Seeing as how TFBIM has believed the myth that stressing out is aerobically healthy, I figured I'd be kind and let her decant the offspring here so she could go and fulminate over at the ladies in the salon. So, with the two lads vying for the attention I needed to pay on recalcitrant software and the ticking, looming deadline and the spectre of a family history of hypertension rapping on the window and waving a breezy hello...I managed to choke out what I needed to do a mere 11 hours later and head home.

Oy.

-J.

Comments

Badger said…
Oh yeah? Well, I am getting a mammogram tomorrow. Which, because it's me, is also Day Two.

Oy, indeed.
Joke said…
I feel your pain.

Wait.

Not literally. Although, a mosquito had been pestering me all morning and when it landed on the fly of my trousers I decided--card carrying Mensa* member that I am--to swat it with all my might.

I didn't want a third child anyway.

-J.

* Clearly, the practical applications of such a thing are very limited.
BabelBabe said…
I had something clever to say re: schlepping offspring all over creation but my brain froze.
Joke said…
No problem. My synapses are so dulled I wouldn't have gotten it.

-J.
Bec said…
Fuck me, it's Day Two here, too.

Hang on, I really should be posting that on Badger's blog.

Meanwhile, back with Joke, I take on board your complaint about The Punisher stealing your Other signature look.

Which makes me wonder.

Couldn't you just have *shot* the mosquito?

(and yes, the practical applications of Mensa membership may be limited but could include meeting your !@#$ word verif of, I kid you not: dpypbqbpbk. Well you try doing that without being sent back to Go.)
Badger said…
I was going to go with a "nod your head and I'll hit it" joke, but then ... I decided not to.
Joke said…
At the time of the mosquito incident, I was in a committed relationship.

-J.
Major Bedhead said…
Reading your post made me out of breath.

Reading the comments just left me confused.

I need caffeine.
Joke said…
Exactly!

Caffeine clears up all.

-J.
Bec said…
scotch is my clarifier of choice.

bit it's the time zones here that have me confused. maybe coffee is more appropriate over the-yah?
Joke said…
The way I have figured the time zone thing is to look at my time zone (Eastern Time USA) add two hours and change the AM to PM (or vice versa).

So. Being 9:20am here, means it's 11:20pm there. To figure out the thing backwards just subtract two hours from your time and flip the AM/PM thing.

Therefore, seeing as how I need to be somewhat lucid during the prime daylight hours, caffeine takes pride of place over spirituous liquors. At night Mr. Hyde opts for the latter.

-J.
Suse said…
Right underneath all the 'foreign' blogs in my bookmarks, I have bookmarked a page called 'personal world clock'. Into which I have programmed, with one easy click per city, each location of my favourite 'foreign' bloggers. So, I can glance at it and see ah, Joke's awake and eating breakfast, Sueeeus is snuggling into bed with a hot cocoa and Tuvalu is, well you know, all tropical and shit and the sun never sets there anyway.

So.
Bec said…
Trust an Acting Senior Ploicy Officer to be so ploicely organised...

(just back here checking the Shredded Cuban Granny Pants Recipe - see comment on that post.)
KPB said…
fulminate is one of my favourite words.

Popular Posts