To sum up.
Thanks to everyone for their kind words, public and private, about my great-uncle. I am amazed I was able to hold it together throughout the whole series of events. There were a couple of spots (seeing a picture of him and me at my 4th birthday, for example) where it was a close-run thing.
So now life grinds slowly back to...um...life. Kids have to get to school, the dentist, etc. Dinner has to be cooked, the roofing guy has to be motivated, the storm shutter guy needs to be violated by a platoon of rutting buffaloes. That sort of thing.
Carry on, then.
-J.
So now life grinds slowly back to...um...life. Kids have to get to school, the dentist, etc. Dinner has to be cooked, the roofing guy has to be motivated, the storm shutter guy needs to be violated by a platoon of rutting buffaloes. That sort of thing.
Carry on, then.
-J.

Comments
Carolyn
P.S. At FIL's funeral I was sure I would lose it when the color guard played Taps, but oddly enough it was the sight of one of his hats, just sitting on a table near his picture, that was my undoing.
-J.
Buffalo season or hurricane season?
-J.