New and improved.

The lovely and gracious Bec took the rather lame meme with which the lovely and gracious DIH was tagged (and tagged me, owing to her rather cruel sense of humor, even though she knew and admitted it was lame) and made it something far, far better. Still, I like the idea of being tagged by a Long Islander living in Minnesota -- who got it from who-knows-here -- and having the taggage tweaked by an Australian in Sydney.

Five things I wish were in my freezer:

Any one of my 4 favorite ice creams
Limoncello
Those steaks that were (inexplicably) on sale at the market
Pearl onions
One of those blue gel packs for whenever I injure myself

Five things that shouldn't be in my wardrobe:

Shirts the sleeves of which have shrunk 3"
Belts that need replacing
Tennis shorts from the 1980s
Earth-tone $#!+ people keep insisting on buying me
Those cheap @$$ rugby shirts with stretched out cuffs

Five things I hate about my car:

It doesn't get 40 miles per gallon
It only seats 2
The black leather interior gets around 300 degress when I forget to put on the car cover
It only has a cassette player
The optional hardtop needs to be fixed to seal properly

Five things I should throw out of my handbag/purse/briefcase/backpack:

Dried out pen
Dead PDA battery
Ruined MP3 headphones
Old copy of the Wall Street Journal
Old receipts

Five things I don't want to admit are in my bathroom:

Awful mirror
Hideous vanity
The faucet that has no cold water pressure
The pink tile
The grey tile.

WTG, Bec!

-J.

Comments

Bec said…
(blushes) you're most welcome.

But.

Tennis shorts???


Oh dear.
Joke said…
Yeah. Exactly. I...I...was young...foolish...[sob]...easily misled...

-J.
Suse said…
So glad someone else has a hideous bathroom vanity. Just shocked that it's you Joke!
Joke said…
It came with the house, Suse. And it'll be gone -- God willing -- before the year is out.

-J.
KPB said…
Tennis shorts. The US equivalent of Stubbies. Ewwww.

I'm going to post our limoncello recipe for you - I'm sure you've got one but seeing as we just consumed two bottles of it (and two of homemade coffee liqueur, approx 20 bottles of wine, 8 vodka cruisers, a six-pack of beer, and a four pack of Jack Daniels UDLs) it seems appropriate.
KPB said…
And you know, I was recently informed by the mother of a boy who goes to school with Felix, that she now has her laundry of her dreams, with hot pink laminate and grey cupboards.

What can I say.
Joke said…
We have to be charitable and pray for such unfortunates.

-J.
Joke said…
P.S. "Just consumed" as in "we had a party last night and this is what we drank?"
Joke said…
P.P.S. In the early 1980s, I also had a few pair of Stubbies. Something about Men At Work or Olivia Newton-John made Aussie-wear (real or imagined) hot stuff in this corner.

It's just I had enough sense to jettison them after they disintegrated.

Popular Posts