Kudos and brickbats

Dear Internet,

I must let the world know of my complete and thorough glee at the change back from Daylight "Savings" Time to Standard Time. I hate DST with a fierce, purple passion. It all stems back to having an 8pm bedtime and the sun be, like, RIGHT out there with daylight and all that. Which I thought was bullshit. I mean, it's DAYLIGHT. So ever since then I have held a grudge against DST.

Arizona--home of Barry Goldwater--is one of those throwback, troglodyte states (maybe the only one) that refuses to cave in to the low IQ zeitgeist, and doesn't fall back and, more importantly, spring forward. It's now good and dark at 7pm down heah in Paradise and that's just how I like it, dammit.

Now we have to get ready to go to a birthday party of a friend's daughter (Poppy met 'em all in WDW) which leads me to a rant on kid's parties on Sunday. Sunday is the day I like to set aside for the express purpose of a) reading quietly, b) doing the full detail to my car and/or c) doing nothing at all. Why people insist on crashing my Sundays thus, I'll never fathom.

Whatever.

Anyway, last night I managed to plagiarize, very successfully, the Chinois Chicken salad I had while lunching at the Wolfgang Puck Café at one of our leading airports. Very, very nice...and quick and easy. I appreciate anything that tastes clean and fresh like that. So that was good.

-Joke

Comments

BabelBabe said…
yeah, i am with you on the birthday party thing. as far as i am concerned, the *only* acceptable time for children's parties is saturday afternoon. NOT dinner, not Sundays. Sorry. but what do i know? my children will probably need birthday-party therapy when they grow up anyway becase I have never gotten thema pony or had a dinner party or given out treat bags that rival the birthday presents. and all our bday parties take place at- gasp - home, with - even harder gasp - homemade cake.
Joke said…
Good for you! I sit here (really) in deepest envy.

If it all works out, your great-grandchildren will hear Depression-like stories from them. [Abraham J. Simpson voice]"When we were kids, we didn't have a Kentucky Derby winner and private jets to Disneyland and Wolfgang Puck catering! We had a hatbox covered in frosting, and we were damned grateful!"[/Abraham J. Simpson voice]

-J.

Popular Posts