Tuxedo Dysfunction

To enlighten y'all further on the multiple blasphemies masquerading as a tuxedo these days:

This poor bastard is wearing almost every sin rolled into one abominable ensemble. THREE buttons (only supposed to have one if it's single-breasted), notch lapel like a "regular" business suit and a long tie. Hell, even his shirt doesn't fit properly. The lapel thing applies also to double-breasted tuxedos, although in those cases there is a lot more leeway with buttons.


This other outfit is a lot more correct. Notice the lapels are peaked and only has one button to discreetly show the cummerbund (or vest). We'll disregard the unfortunate colors of the tie/cummerbund.

I hope this settles everything.

-Joke

Comments

Sarah Louise said…
Wow!

I am speechless!
blackbird said…
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.


call me when yer doing pumpkin pie.
Joke said…
I'm doing a maple-pecan pie.

-J.
Gina said…
Thanks for the lesson, Joke. Maybe I'll pay attention next time I'm around men in tuxes, and see if I've actually learned anything.

And bring on that pie recipe!

Popular Posts