Like that 12 Days of Christmas Song, Only Not Like That

Swiped from Badge via Poppy:

8 Firsts.
First Best Friend: George, which lasted from kindergarten until 7th grade.
First Kiss: Priscilla H. in 6th grade, as the result of some manipulation on my part of a bout of Spin The Bottle. Yes. I rigged the game. Sue me.
First Screen Name: My initials plus the year I was born.
First Pet: Black cocker spaniel named , creatively enough, Blackie.
First Piercing: We're still waiting on that one.
First Crush: Priscilla H. in fourth grade. Yes, I know how to wait them out.
First CD: 1812 Overture by the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra. I didn't even have a CD player then (they cost about $1000 in those days). My first LP was Talking Heads Life During Wartime, I was in 8th grade, I think.
First Car: 1976 Alfa Romeo GTV. Ironically this is the forebear of my current ride of choice.

7 Lasts.
Last alcoholic beverage: Sam Adams, last night with dinnah.
Last Car Ride: About half an hour ago, from office to house.
Last Kiss: This morning when I left. But that was ony a pop kiss, which may not be in the spirit of the question...like I care.
Last Movie Seen: Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire.
Last Phone Call: Today, from my lawyer about fighting that damned ticket.
Last CD played: Rev. Horton Heat's 24.

6 Have You Evers.
Have You Ever Dated One Of Your Best Friends: No.
Have You Ever Broken the Law: If the Customs people are reading this and wondering about my trip to Italy...no.
Have You Ever Been Arrested: No.
Have You Ever Skinny Dipped: Yes.
Have You Ever Been in love: Yes.

5 Things.
5 Things You're Wearing: navy herringbone suit, cobalt & white striped shirt, a solid plum tie, suspenders, socks and shoes.
5 Things You Did Yesterday: drank tea, blogged, shopped online, went to Mass, came up with a great knockoff of a salad I had tasted in California.
5 Things You Can't Live Without: sons, wife, solitude, humor, beverages
5 places You've Been: The Montreal Expo, The Valley of the Fallen in Spain, St. Mark's Basilica in Venice, Alan Flusser's in NYC and in the inner corridors of the Old Executive Office Building.

What happened to #4?

3 People To Whom You Can Tell *Almost* Anything (in no particular order).
1. My long suffering wife
2. Poppy (the overlap isn't perfect)
3. The guy on the other side of the screen in the confessional.

2 Choices.
1. Black or White: black (white formalwear is for pimps)
2. Hot or Cold: hot (in weather and in level of spiciness)

Where the Hell is #1?

-J.

Comments

BabelBabe said…
what is it about hearing any man i know actually admit they've been in love, that makes me go weak in the knees?
Joke said…
My wife likes that I'm in love with her, and finds it very convenient.

Doesn't stop her from threatening to throw an armful of rattlesnakes on me in my sleep, but we must take the rough with the smooth.

And the word verification, er, word is "eaame" which sounds like something Jodie Foster's Nell might have said.
Gina said…
HAHAHAHA! Joke, you are EVIL, and I love you for it!
Joke said…
The joke you have laughed at is ENTIRELY of your own devising.

-Joke

Popular Posts