Thankfulness (for real)
(Editor's Note: This was the back end of the previous post, but it stands up far better on its own. I deemed it prudent to perform surgery, along with a slight re-edit)
The Thanksgiving bash went over wonderfully. I, myself, was feeling monumentally shredded. By 3pm I was feeling materially drained; it was unbridled force of will that had be chugging along regardless. No, I didn't inflict my germs on the comestibles.
I am grateful for my wife (who puts up with me and still shows every outward indication of loving me), my sons whom I love more than all my bodyparts combined, my parents in spite of the fact they brought me up like this. I am grateful my blessings have been far greater than I deserve and any problems I run into are comparatively small. In about 20 minutes I'll be grateful for hot showers and NyQuil. I am grateful for all of you who pop by and comment and otherwise form a cyber-salon of sorts. I am grateful for my country, I am grateful for this blog thing that has allowed me to "meet" so many people from other countries.
I am grateful for people who show kindness and mercy and patience. I am really grateful for those people who bless me with things which cause me laughter. (You know who you are. MWAH.) I am grateful I need less sleep than normal people, otherwise I'd never read anything.
I'm grateful that I'm about to stop now, before I get incoherent/maudlin. I mean, more than I have thus far.
-J.
The Thanksgiving bash went over wonderfully. I, myself, was feeling monumentally shredded. By 3pm I was feeling materially drained; it was unbridled force of will that had be chugging along regardless. No, I didn't inflict my germs on the comestibles.
I am grateful for my wife (who puts up with me and still shows every outward indication of loving me), my sons whom I love more than all my bodyparts combined, my parents in spite of the fact they brought me up like this. I am grateful my blessings have been far greater than I deserve and any problems I run into are comparatively small. In about 20 minutes I'll be grateful for hot showers and NyQuil. I am grateful for all of you who pop by and comment and otherwise form a cyber-salon of sorts. I am grateful for my country, I am grateful for this blog thing that has allowed me to "meet" so many people from other countries.
I am grateful for people who show kindness and mercy and patience. I am really grateful for those people who bless me with things which cause me laughter. (You know who you are. MWAH.) I am grateful I need less sleep than normal people, otherwise I'd never read anything.
I'm grateful that I'm about to stop now, before I get incoherent/maudlin. I mean, more than I have thus far.
-J.

Comments
um, I liked it the first time too...
-J.
It keeps you from coughing, and, if it doesn't, you pass out anyway. So you don't give a crap.
As for the NyQuil apertif: Bottoms up!
First time here, great blog you've got going