Y'ain't seen nothin' yet.

per+se+ver+ance/[pur-suh-veer-uhns] –noun
1. steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., esp. in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.
[Origin: 1300–50; ME perseveraunce
persevere, -ance]
—Related forms: per+se+ver+ant, adjective

I have a guesstimated 53 people for whom to cook for Thanksgiving. I am also coming down--fast--with a mighty nasty cold. Sore throat, fevah, watery eyes, etc. NOS is pretty much down for the count, poor kid.

Will this in any way, manner, shape or form alter my plans? Hell, no. I'll be doing the full-on "press on regardless" thing, even if I collapse in a heap the nanosecond after I carve the last sliver of turkey.

And only you guys will know the sacrifices made.

-J.

Comments

Stomper Girl said…
You will neeed to add extra garlic to everything to ward off this germ. Good luck, Mr Perseverance
blackbird said…
I wonder if the cold snap contributed (although, I tend to believe that someone sneezed near you, or somesuch).

Middle's down too, poor kid.

Perhaps you can sip some soup?
Tea?
White wine never hurts.
Joke said…
1- Extra garlic, check.
2- Tea, check.
3- Soup, check.

Today's plan is to rest up, get the turkey brining after lunch and rest again.

Then I have Friday to recuperate.

-J.
MsCellania said…
J-I found 3 clips online:
70 cents apiece
6 for $17 (Stainless) and
2 for $2 -
WineUltra.com and Zaccardis
Here's a link for the generic search
http://search.creativecommons.org/?q=plate+clip&sourceid=Mozilla-search
MsCellania said…
Oh, click on the NexTag ad on the far right, middle ad. First 3 selections
Badger said…
I'm getting sick, too! WTF, man?! I blame Pioneer Day.
--erica said…
So will you be passing around that nasty cold to all of the guests?

Bring on the hand sanitizer.
Suse said…
Oh no! Don't sneeze on the turkey!

Be well soon.
Joke said…
I sneezed on no food. I kept to myself in the kitchen (bliss!) and touched nobody who didn't have a cold his-or-her own bad self.

I touched nothing that woukd be served raw.

I feel like Hell, though.

-J.
--erica said…
rest please..rest rest :(
Joke said…
The patient is resting (more or less) comfortably. I awake to reload on cold meds, and return to slumber.

(Thanks!)

-J.

Popular Posts