Feed me, Seymour

OK,

I have just gotten the total of R.s.v.p.-ers for Thanksgiving. Fortyeight. Adults. Innumerable children (I'm guesstimating 20). All of whom I shall (I hope and pray!) dazzle with my foodieness.

This is the batterie de cuisine* (see? I'm not at all Francophobic!) and stuff I am gathering for this day:

3 roasting pans & v-racks
2 instant-read thermometers
2 oven/grill thermometers
1 remote "alarm" thermometer
1 knife roll
2 turkey lifters
4 pie pans
4 Pyrex measuring cups (1 in each size)
3 turkeys
3 lb. cornbread
2 lb. pecans
2 lb. onions
2 heads garlic
1 lb. "bulk" breakfast sausage (medium)
1 lb. dehydrated cranberries
1 lb. lemons
1 large bunch each of sage, thyme and marjoram
1 flat of eggs
5 lb. flour
1 case 2002 Rosenblum "Contra Costa" Zinfandel
½ case Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic
5 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes
2 lb. cremini mushrooms

Damn, I love this Holiday!

-J.

* Rejoice, shareholders of Williams-Sonoma!

Comments

BabelBabe said…
You are clearly insane.

I quail at the thought of attending a dinner for only fifteen, let alone cooking for fifty-plus.
Joke said…
Wait until you see the pictures.

-J.
If I could handle the holidays without polishing off a bottle of red by noon I would SURELY try to attempt something like that...but I don't have a big enough family that all lives in one place so I don't have to! Sounds like it's your time to shine Joker...CURTAINS PLEASE!
Joke said…
What makes you think I don't polish off a bottle of red by noon? Mind you I start at six a.m. AND I DO NOT HAVE TO CLEAN.

-J.
Poppy B. said…
Holy shit!

On Thursday I'll be giving thanks that it's you and not me.

--P.
Ah yes...so apparently you can accomplish both..I, on the other hand, cannot. I might just have a half a bottle of red by noon. Oh yummy turkey day!
blackbird said…
I don't know ladies, I am totally in sync with the whole Joke/Thanksgiving thing.
The great recipes
the perfect ingredients, the adoring crowd.

I can see it.
Poppy B. said…
We did our shopping today.

The weird thing is that there will be 12 of us here, two of whom drink milk with their meals.

Yet we bought more liquor than you did. A case of white, a case of red, a 12-pak of Sam Adams winter selections, and some other beer.

So, that's Thanksgiving chez Poppy. More liquor! Fewer turkeys! I've already overcooked two pies and a cake.

--P.
Joke said…
This crowd, being more Iberic, doesn't drink outside the confines of meals and only a glass at that.

I can't believe I do all this for these pikers.

-J.

Popular Posts