Close your eyes and repeat: "It'll look great, it'll look great, it'll..."
I have to report that I have received a shock to my system.
I clicked on a link to a travel offer from my credit card and en route it took me past a huge, monumental figure. That figure is the next credit card statement that will strike me between my manly eyebrows at some point next week. It is, by a factor of three, the costliest single invoice I will have ever been presented.
What keeps me from truly hyperventilating is that these are all what accountants call "non-recurring" items. But still, the cost of the tile guy, the plumbers, the masons, carpenters, installers and all their provided goods is staggering.
And we're not done...we still haven't gotten the invoice for the solid platinum faucets surfaced entirely in 3 karat diamonds.
I realized that, for all her manifold gifts, draconian cost-control and budgeting are not among my beloved's strengths. In fact, I'm starting to think that asking her to control the sorts of costs inherent in a redo is akin to putting a damp blanket over Mt. Vesuvius.
No, really. You'll be shocked. Even those of you who have undergone these traumatic redo ordeals will be amazed, especially given the cost:scope ratio.
I...I can't sit down yet.
-J.
I clicked on a link to a travel offer from my credit card and en route it took me past a huge, monumental figure. That figure is the next credit card statement that will strike me between my manly eyebrows at some point next week. It is, by a factor of three, the costliest single invoice I will have ever been presented.
What keeps me from truly hyperventilating is that these are all what accountants call "non-recurring" items. But still, the cost of the tile guy, the plumbers, the masons, carpenters, installers and all their provided goods is staggering.
And we're not done...we still haven't gotten the invoice for the solid platinum faucets surfaced entirely in 3 karat diamonds.
I realized that, for all her manifold gifts, draconian cost-control and budgeting are not among my beloved's strengths. In fact, I'm starting to think that asking her to control the sorts of costs inherent in a redo is akin to putting a damp blanket over Mt. Vesuvius.
No, really. You'll be shocked. Even those of you who have undergone these traumatic redo ordeals will be amazed, especially given the cost:scope ratio.
I...I can't sit down yet.
-J.

Comments
So please email a pal and let her know what she's getting herself into.
*Get it??? HAHAHAHA I crack me up.
-J.
P.S. That WAS funny.
Triple the cost and double the time.
Or was it double the cost and triple the time?
And was there any TRANNY TROUBLES amongst the subcontractors?
Take deep breaths, hit leather and pay for the redo and enjoy the very stuffing out of the results.
Just resurfacing our deck with TREX (or some other faux wood product - essential with our UV damage that springs from 300 days of blistering sun a year) is going to cost $15k. So, we continue to put up with the splintery, eyesore-of-the-neighborhood that we currently enjoy.
*sigh*
(Is that bill enough for TWO free airline tickets?!)
We want cold, hard figures.
I DARE you.
To save time, I started kicking myself midway through the project.
-J.