If you love someone...

Dear Internet,

There are things which, in se, are merely droll or amusing but which, by virtue of affording your beloved no small amount of vexation, can become hilarious. Hold that thought.

I was traipsing ovah by the lovely and gracious Bec's blog to get the inside scoop on her 40th birthday suprise party, to which the equally lovely and gracious Shula had alerted the world. This led me to think back fondly on the same stunt I pulled on TFBIM last December. Which led me to think how much fun it'd be to do it again, same time and same place. In fact, I am curious as to how many times such hijinks might be managed.

So.

Now I just need a "fake" event to draw her in. At the moment, I am leaning to a faux Noel shindig. I also need to start gathering the goody bag, er, goodies.

More later.

-J.

Comments

Jess said…
Sly boots - I can't wait to see if you get away with this!
MsCellania said…
The Fake Surprise Party of a friend may work. Which will be, in fact, TFBYM's party, of course.
A multi-zillionaire GF hosted her husband's surprise party at a local bowling alley. He thought she had lost her mind, but showed up, in working-attorney attire, and all. We all brought food. It may have been one of the funnest parties we've been to for both kids and adults. And if you aren't cooking - who would believe you were hosting a party?! And you cold really knock yourself out on the Goody Bags - go to the $2 store!
LBA said…
What a sweet husband !

I have to admit to *hating* the surprise party though - I am a bit of a control freak, and do not like others traipsing around behind my back ;)

*LOve* the illustration - oh, that fireplace !
Poppy B. said…
OK, before you invite us, and I hope you will, I'm pretty sure we're heading to SoFla in November, so a Noel Party would be out of the question, as two trips to paradise would be considered excessive.

Feel free to curse the fate that has us living a plane ride away from each other. I know I do.
Stomper Girl said…
TFBYM would probably not expect you to do it 2 years running so the element of surprise would be strong.
Joke said…
Poppy - Well, of course you'd be on the list. But with TFBIM's birthday being equidistant to yours & TSMYM, and because you didn't get to throw yourself a bash last year...we were pegging our hopes on your attending the HUGE 15th Anniversary Gala in May-ish 2008.

SG - That's what I was thinking.

H&B - Me too. But it seems I have a knack as a partygiver, so I don't mind doing the sneaking.

-J.
Bec said…
Go to it.

She might suspect it.

But she'll never think you're mad enought to actually do it two years running.

I wouldn't.
Joke said…
Bec,

You realize the Perfesser might actually read this blog, don't you?

-J.
shula said…
I begining to consider the possibility that the Prof reads ALL OUR BLOGS.

They don't call him the Prof for nothing.

Shame about the colour matching, RR, but I like the blue and cream very much, if that's what it is.

Popular Posts