Assorted Hurricane-ness

Miscellaneous notes:

1- I'm still not moving. Hurricane Wilbur or Hurricane Matilda or Hurricane Augustus may move me, but I'm staying put until such a time as Global Warming has eliminated winters in New Hampshire or put a coastline on Arizona.

2- Looting. This pisses me off. It can semi-sort-of-kinda excuse people looting for the purposes of getting sustenance. Human life is more important than that. I got it. Looting jewelry stores? Stealing big screen TVs? Looting NURSING HOMES? HOSPITALS? Marauding a city in agony with the express intent to steal whatever you can pry off? That's not looting...that's pillaging. And the full weight of the justice system (what's left--after stupid-ass jury awards--of it anyway) should slam down on the bestial savages who prey on the innocent. There are some folks who are annoyed that when some media reports show looting by black people it is called (properly) looting, but when it's white people it's called (IMproperly) "finding" or "helping themselves" to food* and stuff. Looting is looting, folks. It may be under some dire circumstances (i.e. food and you're starving) excusable, but it is not redefinable. It's false that White Men Can't Loot.

3- Give this kid in Biloxi the Medal of Freedom. God freakin' bless you, Phillip Bullard, the world could use a billion more like you.

4- Donate, donate, donate. Help out however you can. Remember there are a gazillion people, children of the same God, who have been left with nothing. Squat. Zip. Jack shit. One day this might be you or me and I don't want to have karma on the wrong side of the ledger.

-Jo.

* Mind you, I haven't taken an assessment of how many pictures/reports of which racial groups are labeled which way, and what percentage says one thing or another. My point is that they should ALL be uniform in their coverage.

Comments

Poppy B. said…
Hey, no problem. It's bound to get warmer up here. The way some of us blow through gas, Lake Michigan will be a steam bath in about three years, and lobsters will emerge from the ocean fully cooked.

The burning of petroleum products might warm things up, too.

Hyuk hyuk hyuk. Am I hilarious, or is the lack of calories making me light-headed?

--P.
Joke said…
Maybe it's just that your a/c is off?

Popular Posts