In which Joke finally blows a gasket.
God knows I hate bringing up politics in this blog. God knows I think we should be infinitely more worried about the dying and the destitute than about seeking mean advantage of the suffering of others. But, frankly, I have had it up to HERE with a media corps that is, on aggregate, as useful as a dead rat in a tampon factory.
And personally, I think I pretty much sum it up here:
The uneasy paradox which so many live with in this country--of having free and unfettered news media, while at the same time being saddled with such a media's wanton disregard for readily provable truth borne of either malicius bias or a lazy slothfulness that borders on willful journalistic malpractice--has reached a crisis point this week.
But then, I'm such a libertarian-constitutionalist Red State Conservative.
So if you think the poverty-stricken/elderly/diabetic people in New Orleans should have gotten off their lazy butts and voted for, you know, like a responsible mayor or governor or something who would actually use their public transportation system to take them far away from Katrina, don't click here.
And, to quote Forrest Gump: "That's all I've gotta say about that."
-Joke
And personally, I think I pretty much sum it up here:
The uneasy paradox which so many live with in this country--of having free and unfettered news media, while at the same time being saddled with such a media's wanton disregard for readily provable truth borne of either malicius bias or a lazy slothfulness that borders on willful journalistic malpractice--has reached a crisis point this week.
But then, I'm such a libertarian-constitutionalist Red State Conservative.
So if you think the poverty-stricken/elderly/diabetic people in New Orleans should have gotten off their lazy butts and voted for, you know, like a responsible mayor or governor or something who would actually use their public transportation system to take them far away from Katrina, don't click here.
And, to quote Forrest Gump: "That's all I've gotta say about that."
-Joke

Comments