Yet another update
The car that sucks? Still sucks. However, it has begun to suck somewhat less. Not a lot less, but marginally less. I just got it back from the Italo-Jamaican shop and with a vigorous applicationof cash ($1500!) it is (mechanically, anyway) saleable. So NOS and self spent yesterday afternoon washing it, as per established procedure, which took even longer than you'd think because it seems this poor beast hadn't been treated to so much as a gas station's drive-through car wash in months, quite possibly years. I had to scrape off some weird gum/sap/wax thing* that had landed on the car with a plastic ice scraper.
Waxing was a pretty easy affair after that, but by then I had "lost the light" under which I had wished to take pictures** of the exterior of the car for reBaying. I still have to attend to the woefully neglected interior.
We shall see.
-Joke
* It was a clear tan/beige thing--think of very faded ambergris, in globs with what looked like reddish glitter suspended. When scraping it dry, it was a VERY stubborn and gummy thing. when I scraped in the wet it was more of a REALLY stiff wax. Very weird.
** I minored in film. Don't ask.
Waxing was a pretty easy affair after that, but by then I had "lost the light" under which I had wished to take pictures** of the exterior of the car for reBaying. I still have to attend to the woefully neglected interior.
We shall see.
-Joke
* It was a clear tan/beige thing--think of very faded ambergris, in globs with what looked like reddish glitter suspended. When scraping it dry, it was a VERY stubborn and gummy thing. when I scraped in the wet it was more of a REALLY stiff wax. Very weird.
** I minored in film. Don't ask.

Comments