Oy.
I think I know what it feels like to be 80. It feels like I feel right now. For the last 36 hours I have been doing the hurricane schlep. Load up the generator and the auxiliary gas containers with fuel, shutter up ALL the windows (figure each window has several aluminum sheets weighing 40 lb each covering it) and do the same at my parents', since they are off on a trip to Santo Domingo.
Since this is autumn in SoFla, it means the temperatures and humidity were only in the high 80s. This means it took me well over 45 minutes to start sweating like OJ Simpson under oath. But the house is all boarded up and we have all our stuff and now we wait. Me, I'm waiting in a fully recumbent position, muttering under my breath at every slight muscular twinge and popping a cocktail of ibuprofen, acetaminophen and aspirin. pretty soon I'll start telling my kids how bad it was during the Depression.
-J.
Since this is autumn in SoFla, it means the temperatures and humidity were only in the high 80s. This means it took me well over 45 minutes to start sweating like OJ Simpson under oath. But the house is all boarded up and we have all our stuff and now we wait. Me, I'm waiting in a fully recumbent position, muttering under my breath at every slight muscular twinge and popping a cocktail of ibuprofen, acetaminophen and aspirin. pretty soon I'll start telling my kids how bad it was during the Depression.
-J.

Comments
...."Me, I'm waiting in a fully recumbent position, muttering under my breath at every slight muscular twinge and popping a cocktail of ibuprofen, acetaminophen and aspirin. pretty soon I'll start telling my kids how bad it was during the Depression."
No...Sounds more like situational schizophrenia to me! Hope you all survive the storm w/o a scratch.
-TT-
-Joke
I am having a "tortured soul" weekend.
Why don't you join me?
Sure. Although mine is more of a tired-ass/annoyed soul.
Kiki,
TY! It looks like Wilma will dump a lot of windy rain in the coastal bits of NC, so watch out.
Oy,
-J.