Aftermath

The party was fine. A horde of 9 y.o. kids intently playing poker is a sight to behold. NOS made out OK giftwise, too.

Afterwards we went over to see Pirates 2. Not bad. Would have been great if they had 1) hacked away about 45 minutes and 2) not made it completely obvious it was only a cliffhanger for Pirates 3.

Keira Knightley looking like a Malibu Barbie "Special Wench Edition" was also weird. Johnny Depp doing his Keith Richards impression* for 2.5 hours was entertaining, though.

Photos to ensue.

-J.

* Which he does quite well, in lieu of actually acting.

Comments

Major Bedhead said…
I went to see it again tonight. I can't help it - I love Johnny Depp. And it's Pirates. No acting required. I actually liked it better the second time, but you're definitely right that it could be considerably shorter.

I was thinking earlier - Johnny Depp has a 6 or 7 year old daughter. She doesn't even realize he's an actor - she thinks he's a pirate. First off, how cool to have Johnny Depp as your dad, but then, not only is he Johnny Depp, he's Captain Jack Sparrow. I bet THAT would win you some brownie points with your fellow grade schoolers. Not to mention with their teachers. *drool*

Your son's party sounds cool.
Badger said…
We saw it today, sans kids, and I agree with you on all counts. And also, I find Keira Knightley's whole chin/jaw/mouth area deeply disturbing for some reason upon which I can't quite put my finger.
Joke said…
I got a huge laugh when I read Keith Richards would play Jack Sparrow Sr. in Pirates 3, since he (KR) "had inspired ::cough, cough:: the portrayal of Jack Sparrow."

Oh, and Orlando Bloom needs to work on his facial hair, one way or another. He looks as if puberty arrived last Thursday.

-J.
Badger said…
I'm of the VERY strong opinion that Orlando Bloom should walk around in full Legolas costume 24/7. Including the wig. And the ears.

What?
Joke said…
Who knew you had a thing for Elvish impersonators?

-J.

Popular Posts