The Aftermath

Dear People of The Internet,

All is fine. Minor power loss, a LOT of debris in the yard (i.e., Katrina leftovers that got swirled about a goodish bit) and loads of rain. This time we were mo' betta prepared and we actually put up the shutters and took preparations seriously. The car that sucks survived by virtue of being shuttered up at the Italo-Jamaican's shop, the car that doesn't suck survived by virtue of being in a garage in the pastoral suburbs of NYC, and the car that is glorious stayed in the garage. The minivan was left outside, since any hurricane abuse would be imperceptible.

NOS is now 8 days behind school and NTS is 12 days behind.

Power came back up and illicit plumbery held.

-Joke

Comments

Poppy B. said…
Nice to hear some good news on the weather front.

Now I want to know what's up with everyone in the Gulf Coast. I just heard Rita will be a Category 5.

--P.
Joke said…
Don't blame us on the Atlantic side! It was a Category 2 when we got rid of Rita.

-Joke
blackbird said…
whew.





wait.

wouldn't it have been "okay" if the car that sucked had a tree on top of it? can you arrange that?
Joke said…
BB,

The car which sucks, sucks, in fact, so thoroughly that it has yet to get out of the shop to go to the insurance place to be insured. I am hoping to do so before Hurricane Wilbur or Hurricane Zenobia approaches, in which case I have every intention of placing it under the largest, wobbliest tree I can manage.

-J.
BabelBabe said…
Maybe you could arrange a dual plumbing/car accident and kill two insurance birds with one stone?

Popular Posts