Taggery du jour
The lovely and gracious Frogdancer has tagged me with the latest meme.
It goes something like this:
5 Random/weird facts about me.
1. I do not own, nor will I wear, nor will I purchase for my sons, any garment with artificial fibers "exclusive of trim." I cannot overstate my views on this.
2. I'm still occasionally surprised by the fact I'm married.
3. I've been involved in one -- extremely microscopic, but still -- for-real miracle. (Don't ask, that's a whole other blog entry...you'll have to stay tuned.)
4. I do not handle being wrong particularly well. Fortunately, this happens quite infrequently, as it's not a pretty sight.
5. Whatever car I'm driving is automatically rendered invisible.
5 places I want to see or see again.
1. Australia. Not just because this blog has become, inadvertently, the vortex for the Australian Knitter's Guild, but because at the age of 40something my fascination is considerably more...er...mature than when I was a but a callow youth with decidedly less illustrious pursuits in mind.
2. The U.K. In general, I like seeing the ways in which the Anglosphere shows overarching similarities and clear differences. Also, London is THE major city for gentlemen to shop for themselves.
3. Italy. You couldn't possibly make a living marketing antidepressants to a population who reflexively shrugs and opens up another bottle of wine. It also happens to be beautiful and riddled with great food.
4. Boston. I couldn't possibly live there without my head exploding, but I love visiting it.
5. Napa Valley. Great food, great wine. These go very far in compensating for the fact you're surrounded by Californians.
There you have it.
-J.
It goes something like this:
5 Random/weird facts about me.
1. I do not own, nor will I wear, nor will I purchase for my sons, any garment with artificial fibers "exclusive of trim." I cannot overstate my views on this.
2. I'm still occasionally surprised by the fact I'm married.
3. I've been involved in one -- extremely microscopic, but still -- for-real miracle. (Don't ask, that's a whole other blog entry...you'll have to stay tuned.)
4. I do not handle being wrong particularly well. Fortunately, this happens quite infrequently, as it's not a pretty sight.
5. Whatever car I'm driving is automatically rendered invisible.
5 places I want to see or see again.
1. Australia. Not just because this blog has become, inadvertently, the vortex for the Australian Knitter's Guild, but because at the age of 40something my fascination is considerably more...er...mature than when I was a but a callow youth with decidedly less illustrious pursuits in mind.
2. The U.K. In general, I like seeing the ways in which the Anglosphere shows overarching similarities and clear differences. Also, London is THE major city for gentlemen to shop for themselves.
3. Italy. You couldn't possibly make a living marketing antidepressants to a population who reflexively shrugs and opens up another bottle of wine. It also happens to be beautiful and riddled with great food.
4. Boston. I couldn't possibly live there without my head exploding, but I love visiting it.
5. Napa Valley. Great food, great wine. These go very far in compensating for the fact you're surrounded by Californians.
There you have it.
-J.

Comments
You need to rob a bank in your invisible car.
It just goes to show that we Aussie knitting types know a good sort when we see... um... read him.
that would be because I crochet.