Not that you asked.
I am much less sore these days.
In fact, I am in a generally benevolent frame of mind, looking at life rosily and filled with bonhomie. A major, MAJOR project wrapped up at work not 6 hours ago. This project, although it had been winding down for the last couple of weeks, absorbed vast percentages of my "slow season" and basically knocked my comfy-cozy routine out the window. The fact it had been in wind-down mode allowed me to hit the gym with my usual fervor. Anyway, between the gym (30 min. of weights and 45 min. on the treadmill* or 30 min. swimming laps) and going back to my EatingWell** dietary plan, I am down about 7 lb., or about halfway to my goal of dropping the 15 lb. that crept up on me.
A long time ago, I let my weight slowly ascend to about 204lb. and it took a fanatical six months of exercise and watching my eating to get me back down to my "Pretty hot...for a Republican***" weight of 160lb. It was that point that TFBIM, who had known me for 4 years, started making goo-goo eyes at me and the rest, obviously, is history.
So that's the report.
-Joke
* It was 96F and 98% humidity, for a heat index of 112. YOU go running outside.
** This is kinda like South Beach, minus some of the fat, plus some pasta.
*** A backhanded compliment I received one night in Boston about 16 years ago. This was before I flirted with being a registered Libertarian.
In fact, I am in a generally benevolent frame of mind, looking at life rosily and filled with bonhomie. A major, MAJOR project wrapped up at work not 6 hours ago. This project, although it had been winding down for the last couple of weeks, absorbed vast percentages of my "slow season" and basically knocked my comfy-cozy routine out the window. The fact it had been in wind-down mode allowed me to hit the gym with my usual fervor. Anyway, between the gym (30 min. of weights and 45 min. on the treadmill* or 30 min. swimming laps) and going back to my EatingWell** dietary plan, I am down about 7 lb., or about halfway to my goal of dropping the 15 lb. that crept up on me.
A long time ago, I let my weight slowly ascend to about 204lb. and it took a fanatical six months of exercise and watching my eating to get me back down to my "Pretty hot...for a Republican***" weight of 160lb. It was that point that TFBIM, who had known me for 4 years, started making goo-goo eyes at me and the rest, obviously, is history.
So that's the report.
-Joke
* It was 96F and 98% humidity, for a heat index of 112. YOU go running outside.
** This is kinda like South Beach, minus some of the fat, plus some pasta.
*** A backhanded compliment I received one night in Boston about 16 years ago. This was before I flirted with being a registered Libertarian.

Comments