Things, they sucketh mightily



This is the state of things as of 5 minutes ago. You see that little purple blob right under* the "M" of "Miami"? OK, that's my house. Still no power, although power restoration is slowly inching towards us. Which can't come too soon, as the boys are going WAY stir-crazy which, in turn, is just driving me "regular" crazy.

I'm also sweating like Michael Jackson on a polygraph.

-J.

P.S. Actually, when I put up the link for the picture, I wasn't aware it was "live" so the little purple blob has moved. I have likened this experience to watching TV news on terrorism and having the TV blow up and killing you.

Comments

jujube said…
Joke, you need a generator. The Engineer has 2, one for ice storms for The House In The Mountains and one for camping which can also be used for the house. You can get them now that run on both gasoline and propane. LMK via email if you want the info from him re: the dual fuel ones--they're Yamaha generators custom fitted for the two fuels and take a few weeks to create and ship. It won't power the central air, but maybe a smaller wall unit or a least some fans.
blackbird said…
how do you NOT have a generator?
I am shocked!

eeeewwww, your gin is probably all warm.
jujube said…
Generator update, courtesy of The Engineer: there are generators you can have installed and hard wired into your abode which run on natural gas which turn on automatically when the power goes off.
Joke said…
Jujube et al.,

We wee NOT expecting to lose power from a hurricane that has yet to make US landfall.

Please send me details by email on the "hardwired" generators, which iswhat were were considering once we switch over to gas.

Popular Posts