Bastille Day

To those of you who are celebrating the 216th anniversary of arbitrary beheadings, Happy Bastille Day.

Now, before someone gets all wound up and calls me a Francophobe, I will detail for you all the French things I like:
  • Cuisinart Classic food processors and anodized aluminum pots & pans
  • Sabatier knives (some of them, they last forever but can't hold an edge)
  • Hermes things for women
  • Chanel things for women
  • YSL for women, sometimes
  • Calvados
  • Butter
  • Boullaibaise
  • Cartier (some things, some others look like What The Modern Europimp Is Wearing)
  • Muscat d' Baumes de Venise
  • Perrier
  • Belon oysters
  • The Louvre, except for that abominable IM Pei pyramid thing
  • Some Cathedrals

See? I'm all enlightened.

-Joke

Comments

Poppy B. said…
Joke, on Bastille Day, about a half-dozen political prisoners were freed from the Bastille. There is no connection with the Reign of Terror.

And you forgot Le Creuset cookware.

--P.
Joke said…
I'm sure Robespierre would agree. And I DID forget Le Creuset and also Silpat.

Je mendie votre pardon.
Poppy B. said…
De rien, mon vieux.

--P.
blackbird said…
may I add?
the Hermes double strap Cape Cod,
Badoit, that yellow - which graces my kitchen, the scent of the lavender fields in august.
Badger said…
The Silpat rocks. Making cream puffs without one would be unthinkable.

And I am all in favor of arbitrary beheadings, as you know.

Popular Posts