Saturday, April 15, 2006

Meme, self and I

Swiped from DaysGoBy:

I AM: Serenely self-confident.
I WANT: Peace and quiet.
I WISH: I had my sons' metabolisms.
I HATE: Selfish, cruel children and their abysmal parents.
I MISS: My grandmothers
I FEAR: Hubris.
I HEAR: you knocking, but you can't come in
I WONDER: What it's like to lead a tranquil life
I REGRET: much, but doubt nothing.
I AM NOT: self-judging
I DANCE: while seated
I SING: while driving
I CRY: rarely, but with sincerity
I AM NOT ALWAYS: kind or empathetic
I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: Pasta
I WRITE: A lot of stuff that I wisely save as a draft.
I CONFUSE: those who half-pay attention to me
I NEED: a DVD player that does everything I want it to
I SHOULD: weed out a lot of my junk
I START: with the best intentions
I FINISH: at an unsustainable pace
I TAG: The usual suspects.

-J.

Posted by Joke at 2:33 PM

7 Comments

  • Blogger Sarah Louise posted at 8:39 AM, April 16, 2006  
    Happy Easter. I'll file this away for next week.

    SL
  • Blogger Joke posted at 11:13 AM, April 16, 2006  
    File, file! I think you have a filing problem. :-)

    Happy Easter!

    -J.
  • Blogger Sarah Louise posted at 7:46 PM, April 16, 2006  
    What?
  • Blogger Joke posted at 11:24 PM, April 16, 2006  
    SL,

    I meant that you you file things on A Professional Basis (implying you had a "filing problem" and needed to get some help to overcome such a habit).

    This is, of course, a joke.
    (One that sounded funnier in my head.)
    -J.
  • Blogger Bec of the Ladies Lounge posted at 4:13 AM, April 17, 2006  
    See, I knew a man would find it easier to categorise this stuff...

    Kim and I have both done this now, thanks to you. But of course ours are all angsty and girly and needy and shit.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 11:42 AM, April 17, 2006  
    The problem with guilt and angst--and I'm not knocking them, mind you--is that they require so.much.effort.

    I simply can't spare the neurons, dammit...I have a DVD player to find.

    -J.
  • Blogger Sarah Louise posted at 5:56 PM, April 18, 2006  
    J,

    I do not file things AT ALL unless I have to. I live in the land of piles. I have a true blue *piling* problem. (I know where everything is, see?)

    SL

    and my neurons are so glad it is you that has to search for the DVD player. Man was I grateful I could buy my friend's, trusting that he did the research, so it was a good one. (He moved to England, and so needed a new one, nothing WRONG with the old one.) All that comparison shopping should be saved for plane ticket prices...
  • Post a Comment

    « Home