Confession Is Good For The Soul
Where to begin?
- I regularly throw out crap junk food my wife buys.
- I have VERY low opinions of people's views when they differ from mine. Not of the people themselves, usually, but of their opinions. ("X only eats orange food? Wow, you could never tell X was such an imbecile from just looking...")
- I have a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY sick, twisted sense of humor. As in Badger-would-be-appalled twisted.
- I cuss like a mufuh. I try not to because, y'know...girls read this. Even if they have expansive vocabularies themselves, there are some things you learned from that stern nun wa-a-a-a-ay back when that you can never shake.
- Almost everything displeases me, to one degree or another.
- I think sports cars with automatic transmissions are for people who are wheelchair bound or nancy-boys.
- I sneer at people who read books where the name of the author is in larger and glittery-er type than the title.
- People who cannot control their temper piss me off. (I.e., Anger is OK, rage is not.)
- I secretly want to call 95% of the people in this world "dumbass"
- My obsessions (coffee, food, wine, sports cars, watches, fountain pens, menswear, travel, golf, etc.) are fine, everyone else's (D&D, country music, hiphop music, rennaissance faires, reenacting, etc.) are disturbing.
- I use caller ID ruthlessly. There are only 3 people who can get me to answer the phone.
- I don't open the door, as I hate soliciting. It is for their own protection I do not join Jehova's Witnesses in conversation, since being kept from their appointed rounds by an hour long apologetics --extra Latin, s.v.p.-- lesson is likely to get them demerits or whatever.
- I think people who like white zinfandel are at best, savages. At worst, one gene away from monkey.
- "I heard you the first time."
- You stand the greatest chance of being murdered by me if you interrupt me while engrossed in reading. Interrupting me 4-5 times in a short span of time is clearly a death wish.
- I'm all about conditioned-responses in child-rearing. Not so much that I build a Skinner Box, but close.
- Corn syrup is really Satanic Cult Juice. Corn deserves a better fate than that.
- The more bumper stickers your car has, the stupider I consider you to be. If some of the stickers actually cover ANY glass I'm sure that what you got on the SAT was drool.
- I am mystified by people who can't spell.
- I used to only date girls whose parents were divorced and met other criteria (of which I am rather ashamed now) which CLEARLY established me as a romantic Macchiavellian. I was even a skilled enough jerk that I secretly engineered breakups AND had them saying Ye Olde "It's Not You...It's Me" thing.
- I used to confuse "duodecimal" with "Dewey Decimal"
- People who are dull conversationalists are not friend material for me.
- I believe women will never achieve equality in the professional world until they renounce artificial fibers.
- I stop listening to arguments at the word "hegemony"
- I honestly, for-real, firmly believe I am the single most intelligent person I know. (I'm sure there are people toiling anonymously deciphering secret terrorist code messages, or working on cold fusion, or curing cancer who are more intelligent than I am. I just haven't met them yet.) I have, however, met 2 people who re pretty close. TFBIM says it's like being Chumley the Walrus next to Phineas J. Whoopee and that magic blackboard.
There, now you know. What's my penance?