Do try to not drink it straight from the bottle
Dear Internet,At my local Foodie Hut Emporium (the one popular among hip urban 30somethings in Bentleys with Stalinist bumperstickers, not the one frequented by aging Stalinists with VW microbuses papered over in Stalinist bumperstickers) they had this small sampler section of "infused maple syrups" from a place called Moosewood Hollow. They had a nice young lady with a lab coat handing out paper thimbles with the various flavors: Sweet Chai, Sweet Savory, Sweet Lavender, Sweet Heat and Sweet Ginger.
Most of these, frankly, sucked. The Sweet Ginger, though, I could see using in Asian-inspired desserts.
BUT!
They have this one called Sweet Autumn.
OMG.
It's essentially Maple Syrup gone to finishing school. Basically, it's infused with the aromatics that go into the things upon which you put maple syrup anyway. Primarily stuff like vanilla and cinnamon. So, you score a double hit (and amazing depth of flavor) out of your pancakes, french toast and/or waffles.
It's pretty pricy, so it shan't replace my Vermont Sugarworks Grade B, but for something more frou-frou or perhaps a bit more innovative, brunchwise, it's the ticket. Go try it!
-J.

Comments
They SHIP TO AUSTRALIA. Email for details to: info@moosewoodhollow.com
You're welcome,
-J., enabler
If this happens, I shall blame it all on you, Joke.
-J.
If I wanted to combine the flavors, I'd do a mocha creme brulee, using maple sugar for the broiled sugar topping. Or I'd do a dark chocolate genoise with a coffee buttercream filling napped with alternating stripes of maple syrup and vanilla creme anglaise.
Not that I'm a foodie or anything.
Signed,
One whose college tuition was paid by chocolate in its many guises, none of which were fat-free.
Still, I thought the off flavors in Hershey's Syrup had to do with things like sodium benzoate and corn syrup.
-J.
Except I read that as coffee buttercream-filled nappie and thought "Ew. Wrong. Bad and wrong." I'm so glad I read that wrong.