Thursday, March 09, 2006

Required...

Dear Internet,

I was perusing BabBab & Gina's blog when the idea popped into my melon.

On Monday, March 13* I will publish a list and I'd like as many of you to play along with your own list. In deference to the number of librarians and English majors and J-school refugees who inhabit the Jokesphere the first list will be entitled:

REQUIRED READING

Any number of books between 3 (i.e., The Minimum) and 100 (i.e. The Maximum) will be listed along with a brief explanation of why it is required reading. Photos welcomed and you may even use whatever "affiliate" link things you have. (I'm all about the Capitalism) I was going to suggest posting a syllabus for people new to the blog but even as bored as I am, I wouldn't get past the first line.

OK, off you go.

-J.

P.S. Yes, it is a rather DULL day, but tomorrow NTS has a field trip and parents-who-aren't-working-tax-season get to go.

* Today is S&T, Friday has some sort of participatory moratorium because of something to do with Survivor, the weekend is not a time to be THINKING, y'know...so that leaves us Monday.

Posted by Joke at 8:29 AM

10 Comments

  • Blogger blackbird posted at 8:43 AM, March 09, 2006  
    *very kind of you. especially as you rarely participate.
  • Blogger BabelBabe posted at 9:52 AM, March 09, 2006  
    good thing i am working BOTH days this wekeend.

    your gauntlet has been picked up : )
  • Blogger Gina posted at 10:09 AM, March 09, 2006  
    Can you be more specific, please? Required for WHOM? Smart people? Thinking people? Good people? People who want to be more like me? People who graduate from high school? People who graduate from college?

    See what I mean?
  • Blogger Sarah Louise posted at 10:48 AM, March 09, 2006  
    this could be fun...

    but the word verif is not. ah well, refresh, refresh, refresh!
  • Blogger Joke posted at 1:12 PM, March 09, 2006  
    Gina,

    It'd be your list so you decide for whom.

    -J.
  • Blogger Badger posted at 11:26 PM, March 09, 2006  
    Swell! I'm in. That'll be the first official day of spring break ovah heah so I'll be locked in my office with the Grey Goose anyway. Might as well do something productive.
  • Blogger Sarah Louise posted at 9:13 AM, March 10, 2006  
    I already have two stacks. I realized I own two copies of Breathing Lessons--guess that's on the list...
  • Blogger Sarah Louise posted at 9:13 AM, March 10, 2006  
    did I mention both are hardcover?
  • Blogger Sarah Louise posted at 12:20 AM, March 13, 2006  
    Yeah, I'm up.

    Why are your meme/contests always so much like school?

    (Funner, though! I meant to say funner!)

    But I mean, going through all my books...although my mother and I were glad that I weeded!

    (Librarian talk: got rid of some stale books)
  • Blogger Sarah Louise posted at 12:20 AM, March 13, 2006  
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home