Unexpected leave
Dear Internet,
Today TFBIM had a client wrap up a LOT earlier than expected, so she decided to take the kids to the County Fair (hardly believable that South Beach and a County Fair could be 20 minutes apart, but there you have it).
This has left me with a free afternoon, and I'm going enjoy some potable action.
The drink is a Limoncello Sour.
1 ounce Absolut Citron vodka
1 ounce Limoncello
1 tablespoon superfine sugar
1/2 lemon, freshly juiced
Ice cubes
OPT. Superfine sugar for rimming (oh, shut UP, Badger)
OPT. Twisted peel* of lemon
Put all with dry, cracked ice in a cocktail shaker, and shake as long as your patience will permit. Strain into a stemmed cocktail glass. Repeat as needed.
-J.
P.S. The shaker in the picture is my default shaker (which, along with the glasses is part of a Mickey Mouse set I got in WDW. Below is the best one, ever, which is also the one Poppy gave me when I turned 40. It's only fit for use when company arrives.

* I save my peels for making yet more limoncello.
Today TFBIM had a client wrap up a LOT earlier than expected, so she decided to take the kids to the County Fair (hardly believable that South Beach and a County Fair could be 20 minutes apart, but there you have it).
This has left me with a free afternoon, and I'm going enjoy some potable action.

The drink is a Limoncello Sour.
1 ounce Absolut Citron vodka
1 ounce Limoncello
1 tablespoon superfine sugar
1/2 lemon, freshly juiced
Ice cubes
OPT. Superfine sugar for rimming (oh, shut UP, Badger)
OPT. Twisted peel* of lemon
Put all with dry, cracked ice in a cocktail shaker, and shake as long as your patience will permit. Strain into a stemmed cocktail glass. Repeat as needed.
-J.
P.S. The shaker in the picture is my default shaker (which, along with the glasses is part of a Mickey Mouse set I got in WDW. Below is the best one, ever, which is also the one Poppy gave me when I turned 40. It's only fit for use when company arrives.

* I save my peels for making yet more limoncello.

Comments
Duh.
-J., feeling no pain and cranking up the sound system to Ted Nugent levels.
So help me, I am thisdamnedclose to taking out my guitar and scaring the squirrels out of the trees.
Rock on,
-J.
(Can you tell that's those devil horn things people make with their fingers?) :-)
-J., a big fan of the whole prehensile thing
email me and I'll fill you in.
-J.
What?
I thought Amalfi was a Coast, or a brand of shoes. The things ya learn!
-J., tapping foot