Friday, March 31, 2006

Unexpected leave

Dear Internet,

Today TFBIM had a client wrap up a LOT earlier than expected, so she decided to take the kids to the County Fair (hardly believable that South Beach and a County Fair could be 20 minutes apart, but there you have it).

This has left me with a free afternoon, and I'm going enjoy some potable action.

The drink is a Limoncello Sour.

1 ounce Absolut Citron vodka
1 ounce Limoncello
1 tablespoon superfine sugar
1/2 lemon, freshly juiced
Ice cubes
OPT. Superfine sugar for rimming (oh, shut UP, Badger)
OPT. Twisted peel* of lemon

Put all with dry, cracked ice in a cocktail shaker, and shake as long as your patience will permit. Strain into a stemmed cocktail glass. Repeat as needed.

-J.

P.S. The shaker in the picture is my default shaker (which, along with the glasses is part of a Mickey Mouse set I got in WDW. Below is the best one, ever, which is also the one Poppy gave me when I turned 40. It's only fit for use when company arrives.

* I save my peels for making yet more limoncello.

Posted by Joke at 3:56 PM

13 Comments

  • Blogger Badger posted at 4:21 PM, March 31, 2006  
    Hey! How come *I* get a "shut up" when YOU'RE the one talking about rimming? Huh?
  • Blogger Joke posted at 4:31 PM, March 31, 2006  
    'cause I know what you're like.

    Duh.

    -J., feeling no pain and cranking up the sound system to Ted Nugent levels.
  • Blogger Gina posted at 4:49 PM, March 31, 2006  
    Are you actually cranking Ted Nugent's music to Ted Nugent levels? And is there air-guitar involved?
  • Blogger Joke posted at 4:52 PM, March 31, 2006  
    At the mo' I'm cranking Madness's "Night Boat To Cairo" (live version) at Ted Nugent levels.

    So help me, I am thisdamnedclose to taking out my guitar and scaring the squirrels out of the trees.

    Rock on,

    -J.
  • Blogger Gina posted at 5:49 PM, March 31, 2006  
    \mm/

    (Can you tell that's those devil horn things people make with their fingers?) :-)
  • Blogger Joke posted at 5:50 PM, March 31, 2006  
    I could if it had a thumb.

    -J., a big fan of the whole prehensile thing
  • Blogger blackbird posted at 7:16 PM, March 31, 2006  
    and that would be meyer lemon that you've grown yourself, right?
  • Blogger blackbird posted at 7:17 PM, March 31, 2006  
    oh, see, you DO need the wireless device the Middle purchased.

    email me and I'll fill you in.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 7:47 PM, March 31, 2006  
    Meyers don't grow so well Down Heah, these are "Amalfi" which are a bit more tart with a thicker peel.

    -J.
  • Blogger Badger posted at 10:09 PM, March 31, 2006  
    My Meyer lemon tree appears to be doing quite well. And also, STILL no hurricanes. Or rust on our cars.

    What?
  • Blogger MsCellania posted at 11:08 PM, March 31, 2006  
    Hey, I said 'prehensile' before you did today. I posted about my toes.

    I thought Amalfi was a Coast, or a brand of shoes. The things ya learn!
  • Blogger Kim posted at 5:23 PM, April 01, 2006  
    We make our own Limoncello as well - DIVINE. Chef even made a coffee liqueur at Christmas that defied belief. So very very good.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 6:01 PM, April 01, 2006  
    And....why haven't you availed us of the coffee liqueur recipe?

    -J., tapping foot
  • Post a Comment

    « Home